Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hamburger Cookie. WHAT?!?!

Ever eat a hamburger cookie? What? You don't know what a hamburger cookie is? WHELLLLLL let me tell ya! 


Are you ready for this? They are cookies, that look like hamburgers. Mind blown. 


There should be sesame seeds on the top but I didn't feel like doing a scavenger hunt at the store, so I went without it. 
My dad used to make these for us when we were little. I loved them! These are a great thing to make if you have kids, are babysitting kids, know some kids,  or are yourself a kid at heart. 
All you need  to make these are:
  • Vanilla Wafers 
  • Keebler grasshopper cookies or any other chocolate cookie
  • Vanilla frosting
  • Shredded coconut
  • Green and red food coloring 
  • Sesame seeds 
  • Honey or maple syrup
The quantities just depend on how many of these little guys you want to make. You need two vanilla waffers for every chocolate cookie. 

First you need to turn that Coconut green! And please don't leave it in a warm place for months to turn it a moldy green, we are not making penicillin here. 
Add a few drops of green food coloring to the coconut and stir it around until its green. A little goes a long way, so start with a few drops of food coloring and then add more to get the color you want. 


Then, pretend it's Christmas and you are coloring frosting for christmas cookies.
Place some white frosting in a bowl and add a few drops of yellow, and in a seperate bowl do the same with the red. Again, start with a few drops then add more to get the color you want. I had to add a lot of red and it still wasn't a red as I wanted but oh well my stomach doesn't care. 
Volla! Ketchup and Mustard!
There is some white in with the "ketchup" and "mustard" because it is going to be used to hold the bottom of the cookie to the "bottom bun".
See! Anchor that cookie to those buns! Wait......that felt a little too personal. It sort of felt like I just called myself fat....
Ok nevermind that self inflicted fat joke.
Put some of the red and yellow colored frosting on the top cookie "bun". I smeared them a little over the edge so you could see it when it was all put together.

Then all you have to do is sprinkle the coconut on top of the chocolate cookie and place both halves together. 

This is where you would brush a little bit of warm honey or syrup on the top cookie and then sprinkle on sesame seeds. But once again, I was a lazy shopper today and didn't want to go on an epic search for them that would result in me going down the same isle 50 times. Ever been to Wal-mart? Thats a lot of isles to go down that many times. 
COOKIE! HAMBURGER! COOKIE! 

I got a little bit of yellow food coloring on my finger. Please don't judge me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...