Sunday, October 24, 2010

Please do not eat the blankets

Ok this isn't food but a crafty thing. I tried to get Katie to write this post but she didn't wanna. Check out that grammar! Yeah!


Ok anyways...
Have you ever seen one of these? A fleece tie blanket?



I think it's a mid-west/Indiana thing because I had never heard of or seen one until I moved here. Basically It is just two pieces of fleece that have the ends cut into little strips and are used to tie the two pieces of fleece together. Pretty simple. 

You can google instruction on how to make these blankets or go here. We each got 1 1/2 yards and those made a really good size lap blanket or a great size for a kid. The grey one above is 2 yards and is big enough for me to curl under at night. 


Do you like doing good deeds? I like doing good deeds. I feel satisfied, unselfish. You feel all warm and fuzzy inside like a little light has been lit to a new you. Ha! Sorry cheesy moment over. 


Project Linus is an organization named after The Peanuts character Linus and his security blanket. Their mission statement says their goal is "...to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans..."




Katie and I made several of these fleece tie blanks to donate to Project Linus. 

I made these two: 



Do you see the two monsters hugging? Cute! 


Katie made this cute one with the alligators and check out this one 







Katie was going to donate the owl one but she decided she loved it too much and had to keep it. Thats ok cause I kept one for myself too, (see the grey polk dot one at the top of the post)


If I had time I would knit a blanket but I have to turn these in on the 16 of November and there is no way I could have a blanket finished by then. If I start now I can get one in for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...