Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recipe review: Cinnamon Roll Cookies

Recently I came across this recipe from Picky-plate for cinnamon roll cookies and I really wanted to try them. 


I did. Make them. They are so tasty. And like she says, surprisingly better cold. I don't know why but the cold does something that makes me want eat them all. These are chewy, just the right amount of sweet, buttery and fantastic. 


   I didn't take pictures of my cookies, so here is one from her blog 
just so you know what you are getting yourself into.  
  

The recipe straight for her lips blog:


"Cookie:

2 Cups sugar
1 Cup butter, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Filling:
1 1/2 softened butter
1 1/2 Cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
*You can find the recipe for frosting on her site, I bought a tub of cream cheese frosting because I was being lazy but I didn't frost most of the cookies, I actually liked them better without the frosting.* 
Cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream until combined. Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour one cup at a time until well combined.
Divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Once chilled, cut each disc into thirds and roll into a 1/8 inch thick oval. Spread each rolled pieces of dough with 2 Tablespoons softened butter, 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. *I took the filling ingredients and mixed them all together like a spread. But do however you wish. I like being different.*
Start rolling from the long end closest to you, rolling into a log shape.  Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet."

Seriously of you don't make themse I just might disown you. Check out her website. I just saw her recipe for walking tacos (the one good thing about middle school) and I want. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! And you know my love of cinnamon rolls. I can't wait to try one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...